31 May 2012

Mountain View AKA Nerd HQ

I spent the next 2 months on my Auntie's couch in California. I didn't feel too comfortable spending any money because I didn't have any coming in. I thought about getting a job under the table but it seemed hard and sketchy. Plus mhen. I went on a lot of walks, shopped, worked out, ate in and out, ihop, went to San Fran and watched TV. Under normal circumstances I would deem this to be a total waste of time and as a result bummer. HOWEVER. I had just spent the last 2 months and a week running around the most interesting/historic metropolis' in the world with only a couple of days to explore them. I was exhausted and we are not even taking into account the culture shock. Though Europe kinda took the brunt of that.

So some background on Mountain View. It is midway between San Francisco and San Jose. It is home to google, Microsoft, Oracle, Facebook, Yahoo, (yeah they are still around?), and pretty much any major technology firm in the world. As a result the male to female ratio is 2:1, the rent is crazy expensive, there are many Asian and east Indian eateries.

I did a lot of stuff and saw a lot of things. More importantly I got to spent an inordinate amount of time with my Auntie who has lived far away from us for a very long time. I love her so that is nice.

I am lazy here are some pictures with little to no explanation.




















OH also I finally saw Cold Cave, it was strange and I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment