3 June 2012

February 7 - May 23

I went home. I wasn't stoked about it. My memory was not kind when I thought of Winnipeg but maybe it was because my only source of stress resided there.

It was cold, I had no job and no plan.

Things progressively got better.

For the first month I had resolved to go back to Korea so all I did was study and get my documents ready. I lived with Julianne and I applied for several jobs a day. I rarely left the house.

Then I found a job working for the province. Once I did I started considering staying in Winnipeg, I then became incredibly depressed and started applying for any teaching job in Korea I could find. Once shit started rolling I felt better. While I am reading this I realize how important a good job is. Winnipeg is lacking them at present. Also since I had a job I started having a little fun. I saw all of my friends at least once save for Darren but I tried. Then I started to love Winnipeg again. I feel like I can't win. When I am here I want to be there and vice versa. I'll be home for the summer and I can't wait. Plus since I know I am coming back and when I will hopefully set myself up quite a bit better. Hey Winnipeg can you all just move here? That would be ideal.

Anyway I feel really great that I got to see everyone and that in the short time I was there that I forged some new permanent best pals and reconnected with the old. I miss you all but we have kakao and skype so we will be alright.

Initially I decided to come back for a dude. Which is so dumb and I am aware especially since within the last 2 months I have had to admit to myself that the relationship was not ideal. I knew, but I still came here regardless because realistically the job is fun and the money is easy... I came last time to travel this time I am here to make bank. It's hard to get ahead back home but here I don't even have to try. I don't really feel like I am sacrificing since I am just as close with my friends as ever.

Mentally I am in a much better place... I will admit that I was a little bonkers last year and that being single and not having anyone constantly judging me was more than freeing and I definitely went a little too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment