19 May 2011

Is it possible to be too friendly?

World DJ Festival

There was actually nothing else to do. I looked. No shows nothing. Many friends were in Busan for the long weekend. So I put out my feelers and a new lady friend Leanda that I met last weekend was going and I asked if I could go with. Everyone was rad and we had roadies on the long subway. Approaching view. Inside it was designed like a maze?






Introducing Team Zebra. Charlotte and I hit it off but she is leaving today. The saddest but thats life here. We took many walks and chatted hard.






I ran into Thomas who I had also met last week at MWG trying to calm Chase down. We talked about how happy Korean hip hop (not into it) was and how the Black tent (yeah really I feel like anywhere else that would be considered racist) turned into the sleeping tent.







I lost the crew so I spent some time freaking out and texting them. I eventually found everyone though. Thank you technology. I imagine you are having a fun time in your life but how about a retarded time? With fireworks?





Fireworks World Dj Festival 2011 by melaniereimer


Team Zebra reunion minus Charlotte? 


I met up with Thomas again and some new friends Didi, Joseph, Thibault, Fugiwara and some others who's names I can't remember cause their names are Korean. We hung out and then Thomas was MCing for Fugiwara so we went backstage... I danced on the stage cause some guy asked me to with him and then there were too many people and it wasn't special anymore so I left. Team Zebra checked in on me but I told them it was okay to leave me. A view from the other side.





View from the mainstage World DJ fest 2011 by melaniereimer


We took the subway home but jumped them fence to the KTX and immediately got busted and tried to hide in the bathroom. Then we just had to sit in the snack bar. No actual punishment. Hiding in the bathroom...





Friday the 13th



.





















I went to Seoul some of my new friends were playing at MWG. While on the bus to Seoul I realized that due to the fact that all of my texts were failing that I clearly was out of money on my phone. BUMMER. MWG was fun and I danced

A "friend" said I could stay at his house which was a bit of a mess however it was the swankest apartment I have been at thus far. The view and the courtyard.








I spent the morning trying to get money on my phone only to find out it was impossible on the weekend. I bought a giant purple backpack cause it was hot and I had too many layers for carrying. I met up with Chris and Katie in Hongdae. Chris and I only meet up in the largest of cities now. Last time I saw him we were at a Crystal Stilts show in NYC and we happened to run into each other. This time was a little more planned but still. Katie found the nicest leather jacket for me. I know that she will find her own perfect jacket or bag soon for this incredible good deed.


We ate a millet pancake, drank mokoli, Katie got weirded out by a gross mole toucher, Chris got chopstick lessons, and we got lost. Back in Hongdae we parted ways and I am stoked for the next time I see them.


I was off to Charlotte's go away in Itaewon. She is the best and I am sad she left. The bar we were at was like a beach! Sand and all. We shared Korean man stories and I met some new friends.


Then off to Hongdae to meet up with Melissa and Sophia. They were way ahead of me in terms of drinks and I needed money to catch up which took too long. We couldn't stay at garage cause there was an undesirable man there and FF had a cover. MWG had one too but I had a stamp from the day before. I ran into friends there and was chatting and I lost the girls. I borrowed a phone they were okay but at FF and I told them to text when they were leaving and we would go to the jimjjilbong together. So I danced and had fun but they never called. Ran into Chase and my fav Koreans. Check the jacket and giant backpack.


Then I made the mistake of following some Koreans from Busan to eat and soju started and the sun was up and I definitely got sick moments before or after these pictures were taken.


Still killing it. 


At least I'm not this guy


The next day I had a breakfast of 2 juices, 2 coffees and 3 cigarettes. I felt okay for a long time but then very bad. I ate Burger King then went to dance class where I tried to explain I partied too hard to my teacher but he didn't understand and still forced me to work... maybe he did understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment