26 May 2011

Would you have time later to smell some meat?

So I realize that this blog has gone from adventures in Korea to Mel's party page but whatever I will get the tourist thing going again probably soon. Maybe.

Another double hitter. Friday I met up with Martyn, Cass, Sophie, Karen and neck tattoo (I forgot his name) in Hongdae for some fun. It was a usual night maybe a little slow to be honest and very low on the talent. Some amusing things that happened. Including these conversations..

- Hongdae Park "Do you come here often?"

- A super drunk guy sitting on the street getting patted on the back by a cop. In Canada this is called drunk tank time.

- "Are you Korean?" directed at me. I don't know, are you blind? I pretended I didn't hear him.

- A man with Jimmy from South Park style crutches and blonde Weird Al hair grinding hard with a Korean girl.

- A guy fell down the stairs, and was knocked out. Martyn and I laughed until the doormen pick him up and there is a giant river of blood. His friend tried to carry him away not realizing how bad his injury is while some hero yelled at him about how bad of a friend he was ending on "if you were my friend I would kill you". Then the injured guy woke up and started swinging at everyone.

- Douche with a faux hawk winking at me. First response "OMG, this is happening" turned away. Second response, "is this a joke?" worst look on my face. Him "no". Running the second time. An aside to this guy Martyn pulled a robbery on him not to long ago only after making him act a fool and revealing his line of "I live 5 minutes from here."

- Various questions about meat smelling between Martyn and me.

We ended off the night with karaoke and a kebab.



Please note graffiti in the back. You know I did/will.

I slept on Martyn's floor, dreamt of my cats and made Dre 3 hours late for the tattoo convention by waking up late and getting us so lost. I genuinely still feel bad.


Tattoo convention was alright. I was not feeling nice and there was nowhere to sit. Also I would like to rename it men with bad bods showing their goods. Views...

























This picture was hard to get cause boys are too cool for school, but I felt we should commemorate the occasion. The stranger that took this picture did a terrible job.




Then we wanted a burger and settled for McDick's? The price was nice. Then we took a cab to a club with a huge line up for a this? We got in for an even nicer price.



There were a lot of people and it was loud and there were lasers which at one point I said were beautiful? Part true (the fog of cigarette smoke created a lovely design) but mostly joking but I said it to Phil who doesn't know the depth of my silly. Drinks were $10 a piece so we went to the corner store for drinks.





As any club in Asia it was filled with guys in suits. Ummmm... so I made my own fun by dancing silly with new friends and letting suits buy me drinks and running away. Eventually I was dancing alone and a lovely lady danced with me. Her friends gave me glowsticks and cigarettes. Eric used the glowsticks while I just threw them at people. I considered getting sillier with bottles but the glowstick thing didn't go over so well, instead I found a friends bank card on the ground.

At 4am we went to eat then waited for the bus. Dre, Wan, Martyn, Daesup and Eric!


I ended off the weekend with a meal with Stephen Toedter. He didn't believe that I could double stair the 9 floors at work so we made a bet. I do it 2-3 times a day so those pine nuts are all mine.

Tuesday this number called me 010-8728-8422 called me 7 times in a row, who are you and when is that ever a normal thing to do. Then I went shopping and also got Taco Bell. I ended up with 3 polka dotted items? I also bought my Europe book and started planning. People keep asking when I am coming home and I really don't know. The only thing I have committed to is that I will be in Winnipeg spring 2012 to see my little brother graduate. Otherwise I am going to travel for as long as I can and after that too. Choosing life.






1 comment: