22 October 2010

Movie, Shopping, Fireworks and oh, can you pass the Embarrassment?

Well I have been lazy about this I blame the popular sitcom "Weeds" but I am caught up now.

The following actually took place two weeks ago.

Friday night, Kelly and I had a snack I had curry with octopus. Kelly had a pork cutlet. It was only so so, though it was so much for so cheap. Then we went to see Letters to Juliet. It was okay but the guy in its face was weird. I liked the old lady though.

Saturday, I woke up early and got on the bus to find Cassandra. I went to the fountain as instructed however she wasn't there. I called her on a pay phone but it didn't work. I thought I was doing something wrong but no! Later I called Brittany and Brock who were supposed to meet up with us later to see if they had heard from her. They did she was somewhere weird so I was going to just visit every bus terminal. However I noticed there was a separate wing and I found her.

First we went out for breakfast in Itaewon for eggs Benedict. It was delightful. Let me Tell you about Cassandra. She is really nice and we met in Toronto while we were getting interviewed by the Consulate. She is from Toronto, plans on teaching for life and works in Yeoju. We had extra time because the bus for Brittany and Brock was delayed so we went to the mall. It was lack luster for me but I hear the aquarium is great.

Then we left to meet up with Brittany and Brock to visit the tomb of a King. Had an energy drink. We had a lovely guide we could barely understand who was kind of adorable. He had a folder with pictures so that helped.

Here is Brock and Brittany in front of it.



Here are some weird trees we passed.



Here's Cassandra in front of a temple?



Then we ate Indian and raced to see the fireworks. Here's a picture and a video. There is also another video on my video dailymotion where Cassandra talks about her discomfort with our position on the highway, the cost of fireworks and her wedding plans. We were just walking on the highway which was on a bridge. It was unsafe, but there were tons of people and cops with neon vests on that said "best driver". Here you go.


Fireworks Seoul 2010
Uploaded by melaniereimer. - See video of the biggest web video personalities.


I say people are stopped in the middle of the street but I mean cars that were driving on the highway stopped to watch the fireworks. The worst part were the motor bikers turning their heads. Also yes I know how dorky I sound saying just talking to my blog.

Then we started having drinks. One beer on the sidewalk to start. Then we got on the subway and went to the first bar. Vinyl is shaped like a robot and serve drinks in a bag.



I had grapefruit and vodka.



Then we went to a bar and drinks were cheap. Cassandra bought lots and I followed suit. Terrible idea. We played pool and darts. Then we went to a different bar. I remember dancing and then drinking out of a bucket. I danced and puked hard for the remainder of the night. Here are some pictures from Cassandra's blog.

Bucket of bad news



Pool and Dancing



Dancing in a bar we did not realize it was gay until Poker Face came on.

No comments:

Post a Comment