24 March 2011

Ipsos Insanity Krew

Josh and Carrie came to Korea! So on Wednesday I went with them to 춘천 명동 for Dakgalbi. After a long and confusing cab ride I ate it for the second time. I don't feel bad. Whoops. Oh it's chicken.





 Then we walked around and then we went to Sumusup where I live to drop things off and have beer. It was really nice, I really like them. There are special holes in the table that are refrigerated especially for your beer.





The next day we and Kelly went to have Korean barbecue and I ate that too.




I really like this photo. I ate bbq again the next day. I don't know what this means for me, as in if I am still a pescetarian. But let's be honest my morals on this have always been a little loose considering I would accidentally eat meat and not care or the fact that I just don't care about hurting a fish? Maybe it is just me time in all conceivable ways. Sorry animals. I had fried chicken at lunch and plan on destroying some taco bell this weekend.

After we went home and watched Korean dramas and ate Korean treats. They went to Seoul the next morning and I met them later that night. We walked around Hongdae and we got some street foods then tried to find a nice drink. Ho bar was loud and doesn't have Korean beer? Then we went to some music bar which was alright. The next morning had breakfast in a cute cafe we hit up Dongdaemun, Kwangjang, the Palace and Insadong. Here are some choice photos.  



Insadong was a total bummer for me. We were tired and then we also stumbled into super drunk foreigner time cause of St. Patrick's. The sound of drunken English yelling at this point is beyond jarring. It just felt disrespectful but I am a bit sensitive to this. We went out for BBQ again with some of Carrie's old students. Then I tucked them in cause they had an early flight and went off to Hongdae for fun. I found a lost Russ we went to a hip hop show where Martyn, Dre and Cam were.  Here's the view.





Soundholic Hip Hop March 19 2011 by melaniereimer






Bboying Soundholic March 19 2011 by melaniereimer


After that we went to MWG where we met up with some of my favorite Koreans and Chase. We danced hard, some girls either mocked or tried to copy my moves and I met one of the dudes in the picture I wasn't sure I had met yet. Then we left and I ate a kebab er whatever it was beyond delicious and it started to rain. I found a hat and put it on over my toque (knit winter hat) and asked if it was a good look. The answer is no. More importantly did you lose your hat?


In order to retrieve this please tell me which "Insanity Krew" you belong to in the comments section.

Josh and Carrie were gone when I woke up and it was sad as always. I really love them and I am really glad we got to know each other. 
Shout outs to ALEX PARROT, Cindy and Tyson for all skyping me on the same day. I love you guys you are the best. Other friends feel bad for not calling me. 

Also I don't know when I am coming back. I might comeback and leave again I might travel then come back here and or I might not even move back to Winnipeg. I have no anchor or responsibilities and it is almost more stressful. At this time I am thinking traveling for a bit through Southeast Asia and India then coming back and doing 6 more months then heading to Europe then home. OR doing another 6 months now and then traveling through all of those places and then heading home in the summer. I just don't want to return in the winter and I want a car. 

Here's a shirt I found in Korea's version of Walmart that an old lady or child will likely buy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment