19 October 2011

Sunny Sad September

Sept 3rd weekend

We went to a park dedicated to penis' unsurprisingly it was weird.




On a side note we met this dog. He was chained outside and had some facial ooze issues however I noticed he was wrapped around a pipe and couldnt get to his dirty water and pile of dead minnows aka lunch. I despite Cass' warnings to not touch picked him up and freed him. Then Mel and I fantasized about a ficitional better life for him where he was the mascot of the beach. Spending his days running free and barking at the waves. Chasing children with cherry popsicles so he can lick up the drops as it melts in the hot sun. Sadly he will probably just choke himself on the pipe within the next couple of months if he hasn't already.


After that we stayed at a stinky hostel. Mel and I stayed sober. The next day I went to an old school chums concert then shopping with the ladies. 

Chuseok

Yeah you know what that means right I had been in Korea for a whole YEAR, not really phased by it or ready to go though. I went to Daegu to visit Veronica! It was fun. First though I got a ride with a work friend where he talked a lot about money and responsibility. Two things I could really care less about. Work to live not live to work duh I feel the same way about food. 

First night we did the usual foreigner club thing and I lost my makeup. Big surprise.

Net night Nikita joined and things got so silly. We made up jobs and names and Canadian past times like baby seal clubbing. We went to a booking club, if you are not in the know, these are special Korean clubs where you pay to sit and have random women pulled to your table. I sat had one drink and was pulled literally by the wrist to a random room that apparently costs $500 for the night. while staring at Veronica like WTF do I do where am I going. It was rented by the son of  a Daegu hotel owner who was not young or handsome.  Veronica and Nikita arrived in the room finally while Veronica was yelling where is my friend. Then we were off to the hippest club called Frog where I saw people doing hard drugs and Veronica got our alcohol confiscated and I told a man "Thank you for the support" when he told me I was gorgeous. haha try to make it believable at least. For the rest of the weekend we talked, watched movies and tried to find amazing chicken. The bus home was hellish but I did it. 

The weekend of the 17th

I was shopping when I passed by cult on my way from Myeongdong to Dongdaemun. I remembered there was a Volcom thing and called Martin to see if he was there. He wasn't but would be there shortly. I watched the demos with him and Dre. Caught up with Aki and someother people I hadn't seen for awhile and then went to Itaewon to meet up with my lady friends. Jo, Sophia, Melissa and I had african and it was alright. We met up with some other people in some dumb bar that doesnt matter and Cass had bad tequila. Mel, Cass and I all talked about how we would puke later. Mel and I headed out to MWG where there was a TSL party that Aki hooked us up with. It was fun. I returned to the hostel in the AM and then met up with Mel and Sophia later to enjoy the park at ttukseom. It was so nice. I had a nap. Important quotes "girl i just washed these" and "real idea lets get a tent and live at the park" 

Last weekend of September and Korean Cass as we know her. 

Friday night was a fake stagette. I took the girls on a longer than desired walk then we pretended to be in a wedding party and ran around hongdae. I met up with Daesup and Veronica at some point. Went to some club and helped Mel up off the ground a couple of times. Usually it is vice versa. Then cuddled up with Sophia for the night. 


Saturday we woke early and tried to find an outfit for Mel. On the way I told a lady to touch a road kill rat. Then we went to eat dalkgalbi which was difficult for me due to my recent tooth extraction. I bought Mel big bang cards in secret cause she was feeling sad and then we got ready and got our hair did. We headed to the all you can eat meat buffet. Speeches were made and it was nice. We went to roofers where we met a lovely brit named Brittany who told me I was a sexy bitch then punched me in the gut when I walked passed her to the bathroom. Then off to hongdae. I think we started at FF and some man followed us to S club where I lost things when I got excited about a song and started jumping around, when on two dates kinda, one legit one friendly. Then hugged Mel and Cass as they cried, and told them not to be silly. We will reunite. 

We had a nice sleep and then brunch. Here is a snapshot of the walk there, then the meal! Chorizo! Bad Cream!



Mel and I felt sad that we didnt get Cass a gift and then we went to a movie and had ice cream and red bean ice in mourning.

2 comments: