25 November 2010

Hardcore Art Dancing

Not real. But I did enjoy all three and more.

Okay there are some things I missed last blog like that I went to a skit thing at Kelly's school and it was fun and the song digital bounce is cool. Also she and I started a boxing class. It is alright, but a little frustrating because they don't speak English and I don't speak Korean so instruction is limited to visuals. It gets me active though and everyone is nice, even if they pick on me a bit and mention my name then all start laughing.

Last weekend I went all out in Seoul. First I met up with Russ and his friend Hyunsik (or Joe). Here is the art.




Lee Rim


Hong Young In (embroidery)


Park Eun Young


We ate at Buddha's Belly, then we went shopping kinda uneventful but I got thinking about the things I wanted and needed. It is hard though cause they are just stalls in a huge building so it is really hard to come back to find something.

Then Russ went off to the Flaming Lips and Joe and I to find a hotel. Then we went to a show in Hongdae. Super great. Shellback and the Geeks played some covers that I really like and I may or may not have gotten into it and sang along. You will never know cause you are not here. Here is a real punk.



Met back up with Russ and a new friend named Ashton. Several other drunk friends were also supposed to meet us but had been at an all you can drink event and thought it was still 9 when it was actually 10:30.

We went to a lovely place called Museum bar which is my new favorite. I had a single glass of wine. I'm fancy like that. Here is Joe having a fun time there.



Then I braved the crowded streets alone to find Cassandra and her friends to bring them to Go-go's where we would all rendezvous later. However there was all you can drink at Club FF so they went there which had a $10 cover. So we never saw each other again that weekend. We finally danced it up (poles included) at Go-go's, lost interest and went to a Hookah bar. I liked the taste a lot. Here's how it looked to us.



Here's how we looked!



I hadn't eaten since 2pm so we went to Lotteria for a snack. They have a shrimp and a squid burger. The shrimp burger is alright HOWEVER on special right now called the red and white. It is the best. It is 2 shrimp patties, with one thousand island dressing then the other with sweet chili sauce. I always flip the bun around so the 2 sauces mix up it is the best. I hope it is on special forever. I had one yesterday. Some guy with another blog took this! He feels the same way about it!



We slept, then we were woken up by the phone ringing. Russ unplugged it but then somehow it kept ringing. Then he unplugged it more. Still rang. Then he answered and the receiver was unplugged but he plugged it back in and just said random things to her. We had some serious laughs, got ready and met up with some ladies he knows for brunch. Here was the view.



It was really, really good and french. We then looked at books and a foreign food store then I split off to shop. I got serious about it and got some much needed items. There are more things to buy here than in all of Winnipeg.



Then I went home.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Korea seems like the most fun place to be! I am impressed that you are in a class and also with your party lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete