5 November 2010

Seoraksan Wrapup

We woke up semi-early and headed off to the mountains. I got a snack for energy and Russ got cigarettes. My snack tasted like Captain Crunch. Then we walked in the general direction of the park caught a bus and were on our way. We locked up our stuff and entree to the park was whopping $2.50. So far best experience in Korea. It was stunning from start to end. Here is a taste.


Seoraksan Park
Uploaded by melaniereimer. - Exotic and entertaining travel videos.


We went through the waterfalls first. It was good but reminded me of the lake which made me sad because I will not get to see mine this year.

Here's Russ!



The pool was so deep it was black!



Pretty view.



The main event.



Something happened to my camera. Maybe the altitude maybe a button was pushed in error. who knows! some of them look cool though.







We had potato pancakes, then to the next. There was a giant statue then some temples and then we headed up the mountain. First stop was a giant rock that is on a cliff that is a bit wobbly but you can never push it over. Then we stood on some very steep stairs for hours to get to this.


Top of the Mountain
Uploaded by melaniereimer. - Explore new destinations and travel videos.


My camera then died. When we got back down the line up for the bus was incredibly large. I got street treats and a man let us cut him in line. I got there just in time to catch the bus back home, sadly I had to leave Russ. There was a traffic jam because apparently people flock to the mountains in the fall to see the leaves change. I saw a bus filled with middle aged hikers dancing with disco lights and loud music and had a nap. I really respect that Koreans don't take these things for granted and exploit the beauty of their country to the fullest.

Here are some better pictures by Russ.

http://russless.blogspot.com/2010/10/rush-of-water-and-other-nature-lateness.html

No comments:

Post a Comment