1 November 2010

Musty Bears

Still so sorry to be behind. The weekend of October 16th and 17th I went to Sokcho with Russ Martin. We had several adventures that were very very Korean though we did not know what the weekend had in store for us until it unfolded.

First we got met up at the Chuncheon bus station. Then we were greeted by an army parade. There was a band on a flat bed and several tanks.



Then we got on the bus and since it was the first time we had ever spoke in real life we did a lot of talking and it was nice. Then we saw this.



We got out of the bus and I needed to see the water. I love the sea. It didn't smell salty and Russ saw a cool couch. I would eat these.



I took these home but I shouldn't have. If you ever see these and they are still squishy throw them back! They can live for 5 days out of water. I thought they were dead and once I read that they weren't tried to revive them but they are very fussy and it ended badly. They are now drying in my veranda, but I accidentally closed the window on them. Whoops and whoops again.



We went to the Teddy Bear Museum first because it would close first.

There was a party going on! I didn't know who's name to say if they started singing so I left.



Then I ran into some art. Teddy Period.



I saw Peter Pan. I told him how much his Disney film meant to me and he told me he didn't really have anything to do with that. I apologized and moved on.



These guys offered me a ride but it did not seem prudent. One, they are partying pretty hard and likely intoxicated. Two, the weight restriction on that boat is over, if not at least at it's limit. Sorry guys maybe next time.



I decided to hit the beach. These guys were a blast!



I got bored though and went for a walk, I wasn't sure where I was headed and then I realized I had reached the DMZ. Yikes!



I went too far South though and ran into these dudes.




He should not be in there.



Alright. I have to take a break now. Clearly I have started to lose it. But this will be installment one of many from this weekend and I am determined to catch myself up this week because it doesn't seem like things are slowing down anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. This is the greatest blog post I have ever read in my life. It makes me very happy.

    ReplyDelete