28 December 2011

Amsterdam

esrb ratings symbol for m-rated gamesMATURE
Titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain mild drug use, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language.



After a friendly German couple helped me find my bus stop I finally boarded my overnight bus to Amsterdam. One thing that was fun about this was at about 1am everyone had to get off and sit on the ferry. Which was cold, seatless unless you spent $3.00 on a drink and lit by the harshest florescent lights. Once I landed I had to wander around until 9pm when my host would get home. I walked around and enjoyed riding my first trolley ride. Here's a view. This city reminded me that people are sketchy sometimes in looks and behavior. Then I sat in a cafe so I could set down my bag and rest my feet.



I was early so I went for a walk and saw some animals like dogs and ducks and said hi to them. Then I went to my temporary home. My host was kind and gave me a full room, laptop (where I polished off my final Korea blog entries), pasta and wine. We talked for some time and now that I think about it I drank too much and I was probably too friendly. I went to the Anne Frank House. Total bummer I knew I wanted to go there before partying cause it would be too much of a bummer. It is so crazy having read that book as a kid and then walking in her shoes and seeing exactly what she saw. Did you know her dad sold spices and pectin? and that he was the only one that survived? and that Anne died one month before the Jews were liberated? He also after reading her diary he said "you never truly know your children"... And if that is true, no one really ever knows anyone.



My feet hadn't stopped hurting and I was cold but not pea-coat worthy so I had to go shopping. I bought black on black vans (I already own an identical pair whooops) and this crew neck. 


Whatever it was like 15 dollars and the only comfortable thing I had. Alright this is where things get weird. When I got home I had gifts waiting for me. Cheese and waffle cookies. Okay whatever. I brushed it off some people are generous. One evening we went to some bar and he bought all the drinks. Then we had energy drinks (my gift) and vodka in preparation for drugs and prostitutes. WHOA is that why they are are called pros? like abbreviation of prostitutes? I thought it was just because they were professionals.

Moving right along. We went out for KFC and talked about life which totally got creepy also he paid. Next we passed by the amusement park pictured above. He really wanted to go on some horrible ride where you get flipped upside down. Due to a disturbing incident with the salt and pepper shakers growing up when my cousin chipped her tooth, I do not ride any ride in which I am wrong-side up. Give me your most horrible highs but fuck right off if I somersault even once. I tried once at the Ex with an ex and just yelled "why does anyone like this" the entire time. Anyway he lined up for it and I refused. I really refused not mad but just firm no fucking way, any other ride, I will find some other girl to go with you. He was genuinely mad for a long time. Like it was uncomfortable.

Then we went to his favorite spot for marijuana cigarettes. Which he also bought. Then we looked at some beautiful respectable women. Kidding they were the opposite though compared to Winnipeg standards debatable. It was a little weird cause they were all just in gross underwear or bathing suits? wearing tons of makeup and if the curtain's closed someone is enjoying sex that was paid for. Creepy for me as my host held my hand and said it looked better if we were dating?

Alright then we rode bikes to the dam and smoked the pot. I don't really like pot. I never have. My high school years were colorful and full of excessive experimenting. As a result I know I don't like the high but every so often I try it out again just to see if it will be fun this time. The answer is always no. Sometimes okay but never great. Regardless this was one of those times, just seemed strange to go to Amsterdam and not do it. Things had already gotten a little awkward with my host add in weed and it went to insane. We were laughing... you know how it is but he said "you don't know how funny this is" OMG what does that mean. Then a million things started racing through my head like... "where is his room mate?", "does anyone know where I am?" We rode home during this time he kept getting mad that I wasn't riding beside him and chatting with him. Then asked "are you staring at my ass?" I replied "NO" then he asked "Why not?" me "Just not" This sent my poor little mind into a frenzy. Also the ride was taking much longer than it should have so I decided he was trying to tire me out so I wouldn't be able to fight him off while he did whatever he was planning. "How long until anyone notices I am missing?", "Is there a paper trail if I am missing?" All the while scenes from American Psycho were flashing in my head, actually. So once we finally got home I ran to bed and kept all of my clothes on and listened very carefully for any sign of movement from his bedroom so I could spring into action fully clothed.

Next day there was really bizarre weather. Hail and then a sun shower then rainbow! I tried to capture it but failed.


Probably high?


Wednesday I went to FOAM art gallery it was really nice. Above are some videos created by Lernert and Sander. I bought snacks and then I bought drugs legally.

Then I took this picture cause I thought it looked cool. 


Yeah I was high. 


I went to a super old tyme theater but there were no film playing when I needed them to be, and to be honest the whole ordeal was too confusing. Then I went to the one pictured above and saw that Clooney/Gosling thing. Wish, like the only other clearly high person in the theater, I went to see that kids movie instead. I was late for/couldn't find some meeting thing with my host so I just went home only to be awakened by him asking where I was at 1am. Then I woke up left a postcard and was on to the next.

I was listening to the Wideboys Addicted to Bass Comp a lot. Seemed appropriate.


No comments:

Post a Comment