31 December 2011

Barcelona

The one night I stayed in Barcelona I stayed at a hostel up in the Northern part of the city. I couldn't check in yet BUT there was a computer available which I was in desperate need of since my memory card was full on my camera. My camera is so old that the memory card it uses isn't even sold anymore also it takes batteries. Anyway I edited and copied them to FB and my ipod which took HOURS but was finally on my way. I was so pumped for Barcelona cause I researched Gaudi for that class I took when I thought I wanted to be an architect. 

Sagrada Família


                                                   New                                                                     Old


Then I went for a walk to find a weird hospital and stumbled into this. Only friends of Korea will appreciate this. Sorrrrrry. 


Here is the weird hospital. 


Then I headed to Park Guell. I had to take this escalator in the garden. 


This was the view when I was on top. 



Here is the longest bench and a building. There were too many tourists around and I really couldn't get great pictures in the park. Like this one of some Asian guy. 
 
 

I walked through La Ramba to the pier. This is the Columbus monument, then boats then birds. 




I walked around trying to find some other Gaudi buildings and ran into this. Everyone around this fat cat looked like a crackhead though. 


I passed the modern art museum and several prostitutes but despite this the area seemed to be the coolest I had found yet. I think some crust punks tried to rob me by trying to get me to hold their dog or something, while they pick pocketed me but I wouldn't know. Too cool to talk to them and my Catalan is non-existent, Spanish only so so.  Went to the hostel and met two nice German ladies in my room. I accidentally stole their key and used their toiletries. Maybe the second one not so accidental. After locking up my shit at the bus depot I walked through this and the Parliament grounds where I met a cat and this fountain. 



Then I went to Palau Güell by accident I actually wanted to go to Casa Mila and Batllo. My bad. Pictured below in order.




I still had tons of time before the bus so I went to the Joan Miro Museum which was in a park on top of a hill. I saw this weird graffiti on the way. 


Here was the view from on top of the hill. 

 

The I went back to the bus depot and waited for my overnight to Madrid. Then I came back on the Monday I think? I decided I wanted to check out the casa's again and the modern art museum. I had a sit on a bench in a park and actually fell asleep. Like fully out. I went through the shopping alley and finally found the casa's. I looked at them from outside but didn't want to pay and the modern art museum was closed?!?! When I asked why he said it was private?!?! I came all the way from CANADA or KOREA which ever makes you feel worse and I specifically wanted to go there and I just can't for no apparent reason. FU. Then I ate a kebab and while I was dining a cockroach joined me across the table. Despite this still really love Barcelona. Then I walked to the beach, I thought about going to a movie but there was no indication anything would be in English so I just looked for a good spot to watch the sunset. This was moderately disturbed by some dummies trying to get long board footage. Really guys long boards? Save your memory space and time, it's boring and you certainly do not need a helmet. 



I really, really loved it here and I would move there in a second. 

I listened to this a lot walking on the beach and it made me think of a friends dog that licked a frog and got high. Also yeah I know it's been out for a bit it's just a little too hip for me but I decided to give it a listen way after the fact and it turned out I didn't mind it.


M83 - Raconte-Moi Une Histoire from Jw on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment