26 January 2012

Berlin

Fuck yeah Berlin. I was really excited. I walked to my hostel which was super pleasant though the hostel was not then slept cause it was late.

I went to see Alto Museum to kill time before seeing these young men. So adorable! like babies though.





It was fun and the venue was a building under the railway tracks! Neat! There was barely anyone there and it was awkward to be there alone.

Next day I just walked around park, downtown, looked at stuff, nothing crazy.


When I got back though I noticed that Hannah from Cali but that I met in Paris was in Berlin! So crazy so I made plans to meet at their hostel for breakfast. Woke up late, dressed inappropriately, and took a train the wrong way. Regardless made it and hung out with them for the day. Where we did the most brutal tour in the cold rain. Which I had to do to over again cause something happened with my camera... I had it but I dunno I stopped taking pictures maybe my hands were too cold. WHOOPS.

Here we are at the Jewish Monument. I'm the only one on the left with the tiny head. 


Here I am after a beer. Oh you can drink anywhere there and people actually do unlike in Korea when you get weird looks for cracking a 40 on the subway. I look really fat because I was cold I pulled my arms in to my sweater like a little kid.


Then I went to see this man. I was kinda late and missed Gary War but made it and this is EXACTLY what it was like.




While looking for the perfect live video just now I watched many interviews...I had no idea what he looked like until the show and it was dark and he looked like a dad. I think he might have some kind of social disorder...into it.

Next day I walked around, did laundry, and got food. I think that's all I did that day but at some point I walked through everything again and also went to Tacheles. Which is a dirty free art squat. It was okay. Here's how it looked on the outside on the inside it was just all dark smelly and spray painted.


Berlin views 


Museum Island


I went to the DDR museum which was so great! It was surprisingly interactive and lighthearted. As you can see here! It basically runs you through the day to day life of an East Berliner when it was separated.  Communist kiss! but as you can see it is a wall and you would open the doors and there would be fun facts and games!


After that I decided Berlin was great and I hadn't spent a ton of money and my trip was almost over so I decided to go shopping. I found perfect shoes but they were giant. Then I bought a single white tee after hours of trying things on. I also played my luck with the subway quite a bit and got caught but not penalized. Usually you could spot the subway officials before they got on and I would just take a different train but this time they surprised me and when they were all "this ticket is wrong" I looked sad and said tourist and he didn't even try to explain it and let me go.


Next morning I set my alarm for 5 am to get on my flight for London. Did you know the cheap airlines are insane and first come first serve in terms of seats?!?! I didn't. Very surprising and stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment