7 January 2012

Vienna

My train ride was relatively nice and empty, I got to charge my shit and lay down for a sleep. Once I got in I walked to a cafe cause I couldn't check in yet. I drew pictures, took notes and ate and drank this.


Once I checked in I did my laundry, this is not interesting save for the fact that I did not read the huge warning saying not to put in the money until my clothes were in and I had to go ask the nice man at the counter for money after sheepishly admitting I made a mistake. Another issue was there was only WIFI in the lobby. Annoying. There were signs about this saying that it was so we would get friendly. No thanks. I don't need you to try to force me into it either.

Next day after a long skype with Mel, I went to the Albertina.


A Magritte exhibit was going on. So wonderful! 


The Hare! My Fav! Bad Pic!

         

Museum Quartier at night. I went to Kunsthistorisches cause it was open late. 


I saw this IRL


After that I went to the opera! It was really nice. Did you know you can just read what they are singing and you can choose English or German!

   

 It was cold but I went for a walk around the city and took the trolley around the center. There were many Christmas markets and they were cute. I wanted mulled wine but it was too sad to order one alone.


Hearts were in season!


I went to Kunsthalle. They were showing No Fashion Please and Vanity. Both were great. Well Vanity more. Here's a picture I shouldn't have taken.


Next day I went to Schonbrunn Palace.


I went to the zoo! It was so nice and the oldest in the world. I met a penguin.


This guy was just hanging by himself while all the other penguins were in a different room. I feel you bro.


Then the sea lions were going so crazy and lots of people came to watch them. 







    These thingies! also Nemo! and a Kimodo! Panda on a stick! 




There was a bat cave. One thing that was weird was that there were just two plastic sheets with lengthwise slits separating the bats from the rest of the greenhouse. So when you walked in they just flew all over you. I felt like this could not be right, so I waited to see if other people would walk in. First a mom, grandma and little boy. Mom walked in and then immediately ran out, then they took the elevator to avoid it. I did too but then I decided I had to man up. I held my eyes and mouth shut and walked through. It was not even fun but I did it.

This building was nice. 


I went shopping a couple times and didn't by anything. On the way to the bus I found this. It is the Ferris wheel from the film, The Third Man.


Every morning I ate an all you can eat buffet for 3 Euros. It was really great. Every evening I had to sit in the common room to use the internet. This would be fine but everyday at about 6pm. A guy that looked identical to my old boss (Trevor Molinski sorry) would come in with his laptop and stink out the whole room. No joke I was mid-conversation with Tyson and had to run away it was so bad. WTF happens in your life that you smell like that. I know there is a shower you can use there is no excuse.

I listened to this album a lot while shopping and felt cool and liked this song the most.


No comments:

Post a Comment