2 January 2012

Marseille

I got to Marseille really early and I was tired. I had various naps in 2 different waiting rooms despite how cold it was. One place that I napped I left my Marseille info on the chair beside me and I guess that was inconvenient for some woman who took it or threw it out. One more overnight bus to go though. Finally I napped enough and went to the pier. 


I sat and had a snack at the pier and then decided to try to find the prison from the book count of monte cristo after going to a mall for a coffee and a macaron. 



The walk was pretty alright I walked through the shopping district,  and then got lost a couple times. Though I have a GPS device I was saving the battery power for emergencies. Despite Marseille being a total pit the shore is incredible. 


Found it. But I wasn't sure until now when I just researched pictures of it. 


There was also this one and I don't know what it is but I like the weird sun patch. 


I'm sure the photos do not do it justice but it was pretty incredible. 


I passed a couple monuments one of a giant bullet and this thing. 


Garbage with a castle on top. 


I sat on a bench for a bit just to look at the sea for a bit. Some old lady sat with me and talked her head off. I speak French I just didn't know what she was talking about. I just nodded and smiled. 

I passed some old tyme army station or something and then made my way back to the train station. Which by the way is one of the nicest in Europe despite Marseille being SO hood otherwise. Only place in Europe where I was a little bit scared of getting robbed. Violently. While in the train station I saw some hood rats smoking and spitting on the floor inside. Talking about girls that they beat up. Then there was a group of kids husting anyone for change and they started shit with them if they refused to give them money. Then a girl get run down by a police dog. I was there for about 2 hours. I also misplaced my button up and cardigan. It instantly disappeared. I retraced my steps immediately to no avail. FUCK. Ah well a new one of the way from korea and black cardigan is already replaced. 

I leave you all with this super hip-hop group from Marseille that I saw when I was 18 in Quebec and forgot about until now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment