6 January 2012

Venice

Once the train got in I had to wait until 6am for the locker to open up. However after closer inspection I noticed that the cost would be 10 Euros for the day. NO THANKS. So I took the train back to the bigger station to price shop. Sad to say same price. On my way back I gt caught without a ticket... I played the old I must have dropped it trick and searched all of my pockets and looked like I was going to cry until he just walked away. I then devised an ingenious plan to go to a museum with a coat check and leave it there for the day! HA! Here was the view leaving the station at dawn.



The only museum I wanted to go to was closed on Tuesday so I went to a different one full of frescos, you can't note the lack of enthusiasm in my voice cause you are reading this but trust me it's lacking. Once I got there I got rid of my bag and started looking at art. I sat down cause my sleep wasn't that great and I was feeling tired. It was a bench and I fell asleep almost immediately, up until a random old woman tapped me and asked me if I was okay. I replied quickly and clearly pretty embarrassed yes and moved on. I then found fact sheets for some of the rooms so I would put those down on the bench and so it looked like I was reading but really my eyes where closed. Great trick I used at my old call center job. Next I found a chair. So I just pretended to look at the art but fully napped. Once I was well rested I headed out to the streets which looked like this.

 

Let's just talk about Venice, there are no cars! This means there are no roads only walkways. It also means that there are no street signs. Very confusing to get anywhere. Also it is a lagoon so there are little bridges, streams and dead ends everywhere. First I headed to Piazza San Marco or St. Mark's Square to most of you.



You know what every cultural square needs? A huge H & M ad.


Also in this square some crazy weirdo was feeding the birds and wallking by people... like me so that they went all crazy and swarmed. It was scary. 


Then I walked around and got really lost and saw different things like this. 



I met this bird. I told him he shouldn't be up there. Spending this much time alone is okay but talking to animals, even birds, is par for the course. But really it was true he really shouldn't. 


A lot of things were under construction cause it was low season. It was annoying. Like this was hidden away and had a fence around it. 


I went to a restaurant and had this pizza. During my meal some rather brash sparrows decided to join my table. I told them to get out of here and that I was not going to share with them. 


I eventually went back to the museum which was a little tricky cause security caught me re-entering without buying a ticket but then I showed him mine and played dumb and he let me go. 

I at this point am pretty museumed out and just took pictures of weird things and took more naps. Here you are. 

Midget and Lazy Eye


Cute Butt


Cat Abuse


Just Surprising Really... 


Hell Looks So Awesome


Romance


The Creepiest Ceiling I Have Ever Seen


Close Up


I walked around a lot and spent too much money on baked goods that were mediocre at best. Had a Fanta and walked around a lot. Got very lost and scared I would miss my train. Finally found my way only to be serenaded along with everyone else in the waiting room but the drunkest homeless guy. 

I didn't really listen to anything cause I think I was worried about my ipod's battery life cause I was very homeless. Though this experience was worthwhile it was more of a challenge than fun a lot of the time. It by no means was relaxing. Regardless here's this. I started listening to this album in Marseille and  the title seems appropriate but nothing else about it really.



No comments:

Post a Comment