4 January 2011

How I Spent Christmas Vacation

Part 1: Koh Samui with Carrie and Josh

Christmas Eve I was able to leave early from work so Kelly and I took the new subway to Seoul for a little fun. I was going to sleep in Seoul so I could get to the airport quickly in the morning. However the ride too forever and we got there at 8:30 I begged Kelly to take me somewhere with soup. We got Shabu Shabu (sp?)



Then we were late and Kelly was sad cause she couldn't see her mom in the morning because she had to sleep at the spa with me. Which we did and I got two mats instead of none this time, until a lady woke me up to take one.

Here's a photo from the plane. China sucks, there is no international zone so even to catch a connecting flight you have to immigrate into China and then back out. Okay so after that it was freezing in the terminal but I managed to make a new friend waiting for the same plane.



I realized on the plane to Bangkok I would have to immigrate into Thailand then run to catch another plane to the island. I did not have enough time to do this. I ran off the plane through immigration and then to check in. I had to run through the entire terminal. If there were people on the moving walkway I would just run beside it. I made it though! I wasn't even late!

Then when I landed it was so nice. It smelled like fire. It was soo warm. They wanted 1000 baht to get me to Lamai Beach. Yeah right. So I somehow stopped people at the counter if they were going to the same beach before they asked for a cab so we could take a shuttle for 150 baht. I love swindling and deals. I made a friend who's name I can't pronounce and saw again in a very revealing bathing suit later. He is a man and I did not say hi.

Finally I got to I-bed and met up with Carrie and Josh. We exchanged hugs and Christmas gifts and set out for dinner. I had the papaya salad and he offered to add noodles just for me. I said okay! It was sooo good and refreshing.



We then walked around to find a party and snacks. Here are Josh and Carrie! They are the best! I will probably mention this again and again. Also they are posing in front of several Ladyboys.



We went to a bar where there was Muay Thai girl fighting! We had Mai Tai's! Then someone's mom danced up on the pole to Lady Gaga. Merry Christmas! Also we went to 7-11 which there are millions of and I found my favorite snack of all time, tamarind chili candies. Whenever I was at a 7-11 I tried a new brand, which was probably about 7 different ones at least.







We had a nice sleep. Then we chilled out at the pool. I took a walk on the beach.



We went out for dinner. Though #140 was appetizing...



I settled for this.



We went to bed early so we could wake up early for mediation and yoga. Here are some things we saw on the way there and back. \

Monks



Cat



On our way to Chaweng.



We went to Chaweng to meet up with some of my friends from Korea. I knew the hotel they were staying at so we headed that way. I didn't really know how we would find them and we passed the hotel and had to take another truck back. BUT as soon as we got off the second ride I looked up and there was Brittany and Brock! Amazing luck. We headed to the beach with everyone and met some cute dog friends. I saw Carrie and Josh off and this moves us into Part 2. Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment