11 September 2010

It's My Party

...well and Kate's.

On Friday we went out for dinner to welcome me and to say farewell to Kate an another Korean teacher that is getting married and moving to another town.

First of all there was a bit of confusion over my dietary restrictions. Poor Aron had the task of asking me what I wanted to order because we were going to a chicken place. I said I didn't know and Aron replied that American places were closing. I was a little offended and said "I don't like American food" he then said "oh sorry Canadian places". Then I got really annoyed and said that I didn't like that either I just don't eat meat. Only seafood. He asked if I like raw fish and I replied yes. He went to talk to Liz and said maybe we could go for sushi.

I say poor Aron because on Thursday he again had the most unfortunate task of approaching me on Liz's behalf (Liz is the school director, who despite running an English school cannot speak English) to ask me if on my break I had a beer. Again I was very offended. Apparently one of the shitty kids told their mom I smelled like beer. She called was all mad. I was picking on this one kid who couldn't answer any of the review question's and was dumping little paper's on the ground.

So I really didn't want to go to the party. I don't eat chicken and I didn't want to drink in front of them because they already think I am some kind of weird alcoholic. Also Stephen the teacher I like the most wasn't going to come because he was competing in a big bike race on Sunday.

End of class Friday we are going to a seafood place and Stephen is coming cause his race was canceled. Okay guess I will go. I mean I had to go no matter what. I was one of the last people to arrive and this was waiting for me...



it was really spicy and delicious... then there was this thing that looked like brain. I avoided it for a long time but then Stephen challenged me to eat it and I thought fuck it, I am in Korea. It was really delicious! some organ of a fish.



there was also a fish head. I didn't touch it.

I avoided the fish couple of rounds because Stephen would shout she doesn't drink. But after an hour I was bored and people were getting annoying. The only remedy would be to start to drink or go home. I drank. My director said it was okay tomorrow was a day of rest. I said okay and the shots began. We then moved to a karaoke bar. I was not drunk enough to sing but 1.5 beers later I sang Zombie and total eclipse of the heart. Then I kept adding songs then removing them because the asians were having too much fun. here is some of my life that evening..


Nori bar
Uploaded by melaniereimer. - Discover new destinations and travel videos.

This was fun but I am still hung over. It is Sunday afternoon.

BYeeeeeee

2 comments:

  1. If someone asked me if I drank a beer on my break, the answer would probably be yes.

    ReplyDelete