21 September 2010

My Bike, My Paranoia and Chuseok

Saturday I price checked for bike prices. I decided that Sunday I would purchase a bike in preparation for Chuseok. Something happened between Saturday night and Sunday though and by Sunday I had convinced myself I was going to be fired.

Clue #1 - my Alien registration card is only valid from September 15th to the 17th. Hopefully this is an honest error but when I had a Korean teacher help me ask my boss she just asked if I got my bank account. Then said she would check after Chuseok.

Clue #2 - One of the teachers told me that they were bringing back a teacher that had left to get married. Who will she be replacing I ask???

Clue #3 - When I was leaving on Friday she stopped me to say have a good weekend... It was weird.

Other things too. I went to the bank and it took too long and I was late. I was just off all day on Friday. Also because I was replacing the teacher that is still there she just wasn't going to tell him. So I resolved to check in with Liz about my alien card again on Monday. Also I reviewed my contract as well as Korean labour laws for sometime. Monday I ended just talking to Stephen about how nervous I was he made fun of me and after work I went and bought a bike. Here it is..



Getting it was surprisingly easy. There was a guy hanging round and i pointed at it and then at me and I got a lock and a bungee cord for my groceries. They have these box stations where they have rows of tape, scissors and boxes. So I rolled my bike over and made a box. Put my groceries in it used the scissors I just bought to get my rope out of the package and rode home! Here is another item I bought!
r


Don't tell the dog but those glasses are way too big. Other items I could have purchased included scissors in the shape of a cow, a baseball tee that said in huge lettering "MONEY IS BLOOD", another t-shirt that said "I'm texting you a baby" and some Kelis shirts. It is fun here.

I also on the way home crossed the river in the picture that is my background or in the post called a nice picture. I took pictures but it was too dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment